AUCTION FOR THE ANIMALS 2006
UPDATE: The 12th Annual Auction for the Animals was very successful on Friday, August 25, with over 400 guests bidding on hundreds of items, including paintings, books, camping gear, clothing, collectables, and services donated by local businesses. The Auction netted just over $30,000, and the live auction capped the evening with exciting bidding and brought in over $14,000 by itself. This annual fundraising event is one of the highlights of the end summer season and benefits the homeless dogs and cats of Archuleta County. A really big THANK YOU from the homeless dogs and cats of Archuleta County goes out to our auction guests/bidders/buyers and volunteers who made the event a great success!
The 12th Annual Humane Society of Pagosa Springs Auction for the Animals is Friday, August 25, with doors opening at 5:30 p.m. This annual fundraising event is one of the highlights of the end summer season and benefits the homeless dogs and cats of Archuleta County.
You are invited to join in the fun evening of socializing over gourmet hors d’oeuvres by Farrago Market Café and Alley House Grille. The Auction for the Animals is a gala event. Ladies, here’s your chance put on a favorite dress and get your man out of his t-shirt.
We have already received many wonderful auction donations, so there is someone for everyone.
Here are just a few examples:
- Fly Fishing Package - Orvis Superfine Tight Loop Rod & CFO II Reel, Guided Fly Fishing Float Trip & Box of 20 Flies
- Gravity Mountain Basket -day Mountain Bike Ride for Two, Visors, Water Bottles
Coleman Camping Package – Inflatable Kayak, Quick Pump, Sleeping Bags, Chairs, Tent, Cooler, & Stove
- Three Day Passes for Two to the 11th Annual Four Corner Folk festival
- Weber Silver B Three Burner Barbecue Grill
- Pagosa Package – Two Nights in the Hummingbird Cottage at Hart's Rocky Mountain Retreat, Springs Passes & Dinner at Dionigi's Italian Caffe'
- Mizerake P/370 Durango 7 Ft. Pool Table
- Ten Lift Tickets for Wolf Creek Ski Area
- A Wonderful Selection of Celebrity Merchandise including signed C.D's, Photos & Books by James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks, Jean M. Auel, & Dean Koontz & many more!
- "Hot Time with the Fire Chief" - A day with Chief Grams, Private Tour of the Fire Station, Ride on the Fire Engine, T-Shirt, Hat, Official Collectible Fire Dept. Patch & Lunch with the Chief
- Dinner for Two at Boss Hoggs Saloon including Appetizer, Entrees, Desserts & Bottle of Wine
- Speco High Performance Rock Speakers
- Custom made 1.72 Ct. Pink Tourmaline Necklace by Summer Phillips, Goldsmith
- Four Rounds of Golf with Golf Cart
- Winter-Rustic Cabin Dinner for Two at Astraddle A Saddle
- Custom Made Victorian Style Dog House – Heated & Cooled with Deck
- Many Framed Prints from Local Artists Including Claire Goldrick & Lori Salisbury
- Lots of Gift Certificates for Local Services & Merchandise and much more…
Some of the items up for bid include:|
Beautiful items from local artisans
Hank Aaron Autographed Baseball with Certificate of Authenticity
Jack Nicklaus Signed Golf Shoes
Signed books by Dean Koontz
The evening starts with the Silent Auction from 5:30 until 7:00 p.m. The Live Auction follows soon after. Raffle drawings will be held in conjunction with the Live Auction. Advance tickets for this festive affair are available at WolfTracks Bookstore and Café, Pagosa Springs Chamber of Commerce, Moonlight Books and our Humane Society Thrift Store until noon August 25, after which tickets will be available at the door.|
Ticket prices for this extravaganza are $25.00 in advance/$30.00 at the door, which includes wine and beer, and a commemorative wine glass or beer stein. Tickets without wine and beer are $17.00 in advance/$20.00 at the door.
For more information, call the Humane Society Administration Office at 264-5549. You don’t want to miss the Auction for the Animals, the event of the year!